jeudi 19 février 2015

[Q] Issues with refurb D802 32GB that LG Flashed the wrong rom!

Hi All,



I've replied to a few different threads here trying to repair my G2 D802 after an LG update put on the wrong rom, which later I found out I had a possibly refurb from China. By this (for those that don't know) basically means that I had a different model....



My Symptons after the flash were it was only showing 10GB free, and the Touchscreen did not work properly (pressing one part of the screen would cause another part to click) so it was pretty useless. Thanks to @MariMur though, he advised to use a USB OTG cable to plug in a mouse which worked great to try a few things! He also pointed me to some other posts which helped loads too :)



So.. I decided to first open the back cover of my G2. Very easy to do, tried the pry tools initially but got no where, so used my nail in then end. Take out the SIM Card slot, then starting from the bottom of the slot, pry open the first clip by splitting it from there, once only clip is open, wedge your nail in and move it down. All the others will unclip and after about 1 minute, the back is off! To my (not so surprise at this stage) I had D800 written on the top right of the phone, and the Antenna at the bottom said D801/D803. Importantly though the touch ribbon cable on the right said D800 so that explains how that's happened. Somehow, the people I bought this phone off managed to put on a D802 ROM with drivers for a D800.



With this in mind, I went about flashing a D800 ROM. I tried a few things like installing a D800 TWRP to start things off. This resulted in getting a fastboot black screen on start of the phone, and I lost download mode (it would flash the screen for download mode, but then go back to fastboot). Main thing for me was to get back into download mode to flash on stock again, so I tried various things but eventually did one simple thing.

1) Download the D802 laf file from here, and flash it from the pc (after installing adb and fastboot installer from XDA) with the following: -




Code:



fastboot erase laf

fastboot flash laf laf.img



then turn off the phone by holding down power, and download mode was restored. I then installed a stock D802 rom again.



Now... I actually found out I don't need to do the above at all! We need to follow the @SuperSport method partially by going here. Download the kitkat D800 Rom as that's what you need. Also use the LGUP_8974.dll in that post, rather than the normal one, but before you flash it, you need to modify the .TOT file. I didn't find the original post before as I trawled the net and found a FB post that did it, but found out @sepacek had already found the solution, so follow it here except replacing D800 with D802 at that one point (0006017 I think it was, but do a Edit->Find for D800). Save that, flash away and it worked perfectly. My LG came back to life, and even had restored my 32GB loveliness (although shows 24GB Free, so not sure if that's still correct).



My Main problem now is I still have the problem of a Lost IMEI number due to the bad original flash. I tried to use the tutorials to do it, also try to do it via EFS Pro, but I fall at the first hurdle really.... The phone COM port comes up, but the program keeps saying "No Phone" for some reason. Anyone know the solution to this?



Another thing I have noticed is that my Baseband is "unknown" for some reason, not sure if that's related to the IMEI issue or not, but I've definitely flashed the KK baseband from @Cloudyfa 's links on XDA.



I'll update this post once I find the solution :)



Thanks in advance!





from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1AVYFy3

via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

LightBlog