vendredi 20 février 2015

Phone won't boot since I encrypted the storage

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 (unlocked version). It was using the stock v4.4.2 but it was rooted and the bootloader was unlocked, I also had a different Recovery installed (Can't remember which one but it wasn't Clockwork). I am no longer using the phone so it doesn't contain any data that I need. I was preparing the phone to sell it so I decided to encrypt the storage as I read that that doing this would remove any possibility of old data being taken off.



During encryption setup, I had to enter a PIN before I could have it encrypted so I entered one. Once it finished encrypting (took quite a while), it rebooted and asked me for the PIN to decrypt the device, I entered the PIN. It seemed like it accepted this but then it rebooted. It kept doing this so I thought no big deal as it probably already achieved what I wanted. So I did a factory reset via the Recovery. However, the encrypted partition still persisted after the factory reset.



So then I decided to use Odin (v3.09) along with the latest stock ROM (v4.4.2 I9505XXUGNG8) to write over the whole phone thinking this would reset it. But the encrypted partition still persists and it keeps rebooting after I enter my PIN.



How can I completely factory reset the phone including removing the encrypted storage? I don't need any data on the phone, just need to reset it completely back to factory.



TIA





from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1DzwLtC

via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

LightBlog