mercredi 18 février 2015

[Q] Lost in Device Manager Trying to Downgrade from 12b to 10b

Hello wise XDAers....



Ok so my goal is to get my new vs985 12b to CM12 or something cooler. So first step I need to downgrade the phone in order to root. I've been trying to follow the instructions here http://ift.tt/1vVNm8J but I seem to be stuck at step 4 - getting the phone to be recognized by Windows in firmware update mode. I have tried 3 Windows 7 machines and a VM W7 machine. Granted the 3 machines are similar HP laptops. I think they are all 64 bit. I don't have a COM/LPT in the Device Managers, not after showing hidden devices and there does not seem to be a BIOS setting which affects.



In firmware update mode I've got yellow flags on CDC serial, lge android phone and vs985 4g. Are these even the right and complete list of device manager items I am to install? I'm hoping one of these I can edit to get the COM port setup? Some have said to enable debug mode or ethernet USB mode - but these options are only available in normal boot mode in the phone; I did try and turn on debug nonetheless (though it was greyed out, it did seem to check the box??) and I could not find ethernet mode. I do see some posts on the internet that others seem to lack this option, perhaps in 12b it was removed. Further it does seem that many new machines lack a COM/LPT port, so I don't know if there is a way to emulate this or if the drivers for the LG set this up?



I am trying the Windows drivers available on the LG support page for the phone but there also seems to be Verizon LG drivers. Not sure if I am supposed to use one or both or if once installing it one or the other it screws things up and how you are to remove? The VZ drivers seem to be removable under "uninstall programs" but not the LG drivers. I also have been trying to get Windows update to auto install the drivers, but does not seem to work. Here are the two I have been trying:

LGUnitedMobileDriver_S51MAN313AP22_ML_WHQL_Ver_3.1 3.2.exe

LG_VZW_United_WHQL_v2.14.1.exe



Am I doing this all wrong? Is there an easier way? Help!





from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1vVNncA

via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

LightBlog